Friday, November 18, 2011

My Impression of Others' Literary Findings

      As I explored the web through my classmates literary findings I noticed what I believe makes a well rounded literary magazine. The writing pieces that I could not stand to read were the pieces in which the page it self was unappealing and caused me to quickly look away and want to navigate toward something more desirable, regardless of the quality of the writing. A specific site I did not like, was the everyday fiction site. The page holding the literature is plain out white, boring, and the titles are orange, wtf. Versus a site I did like, undergroundvoices. The page is all black and the words and image to the literature are in white. Your attention is instantly attracted to words and naturally can hold attention on them throughout the entire story.
     On this site I read "Ghost", which took the reader through the mind of a young mother who's baby daddy she did not want to be with and left before their child was born. She was remarried and happy with her new life, and then the baby daddy tries to get back in it. The story captures her emotion  and the function of the past relationship in great depth. When I was reading I felt as though I was watching a movie, even now the story imaging is clear in my head. The writer used stars(*****)to represent a break in the writing when the time in which the main character was thinking, like when she was having a flashback. The writer would change the scene, but then use stars again to come back to the characters present moment. I like this technique because It seemed real to my mind and never allowed boredom.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment